An Indian curriculum with an international flavour
Our curriculum, delivered through thematic and project-based learning, is designed to encourage independent critical thought and foster inquiry, exploration, creativity and experimentation.
An integrated approach to teaching and learning provides meaningful experiences and establishes cross-curricular links. Learning is structured across three areas in order to enhance the acquisition of skills in languages, science, mathematics, social studies, art, music, physical education and health:
The programme is strengthened through the addition of dance and theatre.
We are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The CBSE curriculum was designed and developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi. It prepares students for the All India CBSE Secondary Schools Examination at age 16 (end of grade 10) and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination at age 18 (end of grade 12).
As well as the above, our curriculum aims to:
- offer ACE (Activities for Curriculum Enrichment) clubs and activities through our day boarding school
- develop reflective learning practices for students to assess and understand their strengths and work on other areas to support self-learning and personal development
- emphasise skill development to offer preparation for life after school
- plan for individual educational needs and aspirations
- provide opportunities to connect globally with the GEMS network of schools to facilitate collaborative learning
- engage students to address real-world problems and lead change in issues important to humanity
Key features of a GEMS Modern Academy education:
- individualised attention and low student-teacher ratio
- stimulating learning environment
- ACE programme
- theatre in education
- continuous professional development
- integration of ICT in the curriculum
- sound pastoral care
- Parental Engagement programme